1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Migrate firebird to maxdb

Hi I would like to ask you all a question. I am trying to migrate the table structure and some of the data i have stored in the firebird server with the use of ibaccess database. Im sorry if i look a newbie but im doing my best. i think firebird si the server and the ibaccess is the database.

So I am trying to migrate those data to maxdb7.5 and everytime I am using the sql studio or the dbm gui. it says that I need the database server of firebird. i dont know the exact syntax to placed in the box? i tried the org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBDriver but it still didnt worked.... And I donít know what to write in there. Do anyone know of how to get around this problem?

Please help thanks. Or if there is possibly another way to do this migration from firebird to maxdb do please enlighten this ignorant... thank you.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hi,

"Firebird" is a server-side process that accepts incoming connections from remote machines via the network. Those connections try to use a database which consists of one or more datafiles (usually with a .gdb, .fb or .fdb extension).

To use a Firebird database, you need to have the Firebird server process running. Without it, you cannot read anything from the database.

If you want to transfer data from one database (your Firebird database) to another (MaxDB), use a DataPump utility or a custom made tool that connects to both and moves the data around.

For example, Database Workbench (www.upscene.com) includes a DataPump utility that connects to Firebird and any other ODBC or ADO datasource.
    Martijn Tonies
    Database Workbench: developer IDE for Firebird, MySQL, InterBase, MSSQL Server and Oracle
    Upscene Productions
    http://www.upscene.com

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo