March 8th, 2004, 03:11 AM
Firebird & Delphi
I am looking to develop a single user application and would like to avoid using MS Access if possible. I have done some reading about Firebird, but still am not 100% sure whether to use Firebird or some other db.
I have a couple of questions regarding application development with Firebird and Delphi - if anyone can help me with this, I would really appreciate it.
1. If a user is running on a machine which isn't a particularly fast machine - would Firebird slow the machine down?
2. Would every user given the application have to pay for Firebird licencing?
3. Is it easy to be installed on another machine i.e. is it easily transportable?
Any help on this would be great!
March 8th, 2004, 05:13 AM
1. No, Firebird has an acceptable system ressource needings and runs quite good even on smaller machines.
2. No payment for licensing!
3. Yes, it is. Even database files can easily be moved..