1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Firebird/Qt installation problem

Hello All,

I am trying to write a application using interbase / firebird using Qt designer. I am not that fluent in coding and so I thought that this would be the best way to go about. I know that it is possible to use kylix also but it seems to complicated for me. I am running redhat 9.0 with updated kernal, I just also updated to the new gnome 2.6. I have installed both the firebird classic 1.5 and firebird superserver using the avaliable rpms. I also installed Qt using rpms. My problem is this I cannot seem to find the qt-ibase plugin rpm anywhere, so I tried to complie it (only the plugin) myself. I downloaded the source and found where the the plugin source is. I typed in
    qmake -o Makefile "INCLUDEPATH+=/opt/firebird/include" "LIBS+=-L/opt/firebird/lib" ibase.pro
    This generated the Makefile but when I type in make it gave me
    Some of the required modules (sql) are not available.
    Skipped.

So this gets me to thinking that the sql module was not loaded. So I tried to install the postgresql plugin again using rpm and this worked. So it should mean that the sql module is loaded.

So I guess my questions are these..

01. Can anyone point me to where qt-ibase-plugin.XXX.iX86.rpm is hiding?
    02. Can anyone show me how to complie the ibase plugin correctly.

Many thanks,

sso
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

follow up

Hello All,

I am sort of answering my own question here. I still have not been able to compile the interbase plugin, but I suspect now that it might be in qmake.conf ... I need to specify the sql module in there somewhere.

Will appreciate any help. Will also post if I figure it out.

Thanks

sso

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo