1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

.NET Provider and Visual Studio 2010

Hi all! (First post)

I'm trying to get a Firebird "Hello World" app up and running in Visual Studio 2010, being a Firebird expert but a bit of a noob in Visual Studio... I get right to the end of the Entity Data Model Wizard and then it crashes. The "Test Connection" succeeds but as soon as it's supposed to list all the tables and SP's etc then it dies with an exception message.

I've followed all the instructions on both the Firebird web site and on another better one (I'd post the url but new users may not).

I HOPE it's as simple as a version problem, but other than that I have no clue.

I'm using...
    Visual Studio 2010 Professional
    Firebird 2.1.2.18118 (Could this be the problem?)
    DDEX Provider 2.0.5 (Latest)
    .NET Provider (FirebirdClient) 2.5.2 (Latest)

The error I get is...
    An error occured while connecting to the database. The database might be unavailable. An exception of type 'System.Data.EntityCommandExecutionException' occured. The error message is: 'An error occured while executing the command definition. See the inner exception for details.
    The inner exception caught was of type 'FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.FbException', with this error message: 'Dynamic SQL Error
    SQL error code = -104
    Token unknown - line 2, column 11
    .'.
    The................... (etc.)

Please help.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

After playing a lot I've eventually narrowed it down to 1 specific thing.

Databases with Dialect 1 are not supported.

Hope this helps someone else out there who may encounter the same problem in the future.

Comments on this post

• pabloj agrees

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo