#1
  1. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Setup firebird via internet


    I have read threads about this case in this forum and follow the instruction there. But, I still cant connect to firebird via internet.

    I set my router 'virtual server' :
    Protocol = TCP,UDP
    Port start = 3051
    Port End = 3051
    Port Map = 3051
    Port Map End = 3051
    uPnP enabled , PVC0

    I tried to scan the port using Open Port Scanner
    After I press 'check' on the web, my firewall start, asking me to gives access for incoming connection to firebird, the I press "Yes"
    the web says, the port is open.

    but when I try to connect using tibdatabase
    databasename = 123.123.1.121/3051:AliasDbase
    it cant connect. with error msg:
    unable to complete network request to host '123.123.1.121'
    failed to establish connection
    no connection coul be made because the target machine actively refuse it


    Can anybody give me any pointers?
  2. #2
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    15
    did you configure Firebird to listen on port 3051? The default port is 3050. You might need to insert this port in the services file /windows/system32/driver/etc/services on windows or /etc/services on linux

    is firebird installed on the server? first try to connect from a computer in the LAN, and if you're okay, then try from the internet.

    for me it seems like it's a network configuration problem.



    Originally Posted by thenoobs
    I have read threads about this case in this forum and follow the instruction there. But, I still cant connect to firebird via internet.

    I set my router 'virtual server' :
    Protocol = TCP,UDP
    Port start = 3051
    Port End = 3051
    Port Map = 3051
    Port Map End = 3051
    uPnP enabled , PVC0

    I tried to scan the port using Open Port Scanner
    After I press 'check' on the web, my firewall start, asking me to gives access for incoming connection to firebird, the I press "Yes"
    the web says, the port is open.

    but when I try to connect using tibdatabase
    databasename = 123.123.1.121/3051:AliasDbase
    it cant connect. with error msg:
    unable to complete network request to host '123.123.1.121'
    failed to establish connection
    no connection coul be made because the target machine actively refuse it


    Can anybody give me any pointers?
  4. #3
  5. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    It works just fine if I connect to LAN.
    localhost/3051

    Originally Posted by nagysz
    did you configure Firebird to listen on port 3051? The default port is 3050. You might need to insert this port in the services file /windows/system32/driver/etc/services on windows or /etc/services on linux

    is firebird installed on the server? first try to connect from a computer in the LAN, and if you're okay, then try from the internet.

    for me it seems like it's a network configuration problem.
  6. #4
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    15
    Do you have a static public IP address? On dynamic address you'll have problems.



    Originally Posted by thenoobs
    It works just fine if I connect to LAN.
    localhost/3051
  8. #5
  9. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    It is a public IP address. But it's dynamic, so every time I reset the modem, the IP change.
    But when I am trying to connect to Firebird, I check my IP first, then try to connect to that address.

    Do I had to have a static IP?


    Originally Posted by nagysz
    Do you have a static public IP address? On dynamic address you'll have problems.
  10. #6
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    15
    Originally Posted by thenoobs
    It is a public IP address. But it's dynamic, so every time I reset the modem, the IP change.
    But when I am trying to connect to Firebird, I check my IP first, then try to connect to that address.

    Do I had to have a static IP?

    Yes i had the same problem yesterday setting up a webserver for a company.
    Then i called the provider and asked for a static IP, and the problem was solved.


    When you have a dynamic address you can use Internet, but one from Internet cannot find you because there is no public route to your address, only inside your ISPs network.
  12. #7
  13. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    Ic, Thanks..
    I need to ask for static IP then

    Originally Posted by nagysz
    Yes i had the same problem yesterday setting up a webserver for a company.
    Then i called the provider and asked for a static IP, and the problem was solved.


    When you have a dynamic address you can use Internet, but one from Internet cannot find you because there is no public route to your address, only inside your ISPs network.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo