1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

ERROR 10060 in TCP Connection

Hi,

My application works on Firebird 2.1.3 32bits and for the moment is not possible to migrate to 64 bits.

I installed in a Windows7 Prof. 64 bits and the application works fine as it put the firebird in (C:\Program Files (x86)\Firebird\Firebird_2_1) meaning that there´s a 32 bit program installed in that machine.

When I try to connect with isql from a windows xp prof. 32 bits to the database server, it gives me the following error:
    SQL Error: Unable to complete network request to host "192.168.1.xx". Failed to establish a connection....

Checking firebird.log it says:
    pcclient (Client) Fri Oct 08 17:07:15 2010
    INET/inet_error: connect errno = 10060

pcclient (Client) Fri Oct 08 18:21:11 2010
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Firebird\Firebird_2_1\bin\fbserver.exe": normal shutdown

pcclient (Client) Sat Oct 09 19:38:20 2010
    Guardian starting: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Firebird\Firebird_2_1\bin\fbserver.exe"

I have tried many things:
    1. Checking the firewall
    2. Checking Antivirus
    3. Checking open port 3050 (netstat -ao)

And all seems to be ok.

Then, I installed the same application in a windows 7 prof. 32 bits and it works fine. This means that from windows xp prof. 32 bits to windows 7 prof. 32 bits, there´s no problem.

What could be my problem and how could I solve it?

Remember that from now many machines are coming with 64bit platform but I need more time and testing to migrate my application and I want to implement a workaround for now!.

Thank you in advance.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

UPDATE...

Guys, I finally figured out. My problem was with the ESET Firewall. I disabled windows firewall but forgot to add the rule in ESET NOD32 to allow the local IP address and port.

Forget about 32 and 64 bits, everything works fine!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo