1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

(Bug?)Using the same movie clip multiple times

I have this animated block that I want to use multiple times in a scene. Everything looks fine until I move the background(separate layer) with a tween. The second it moves it shows only one animating block instead of 4.
    Also, if I click on "show this layer only" it only shows the one block.
    So how can I use this movie clip multiple times?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Gotta get to the next screen..
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Can you post your fla file so I can take a look?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I assume that all you need is the source and all the files that are important will stay.

Take a look at the bottom two question blocks. I covered them with two animating question blocks. I kept the blocks in the background for aligning purposes.

Then when you slide the timeline to 26 the stage will scroll but you only see 1 question block(I did not tween these yet)
    If you mess with the eye, only 1 block is visible.
    Attached Files
  7. No Profile Picture
    Gotta get to the next screen..
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Hi, if you look at the layers you can see that the one called "QBlock" is empty. This is evident from the fact that all the frames and keyframes are white. There is only a single instance of the "Qblock" MovieClip and that is on the same layer as the background image. The first step is to cut and paste that block from the "Background" layer into the "QBlock" layer and then copy, paste and move it to cover the block image next to it.

I lock layers when I know I'm not intending to work on them. You can do that by clicking the little dot next to the layer name that is under the lock symbol column. That means you can't accidentally interact with that layer by pasting in the wrong place or deleting the wrong thing. You can unlock it again by clicking on the lock image that replaced the dot in that column. You can lock and unlock all layers at the same time by clicking the lock symbol at the top of the column.

On a minor sidenote, if you move the Qblocks into the SMB3bg MovieClip then you could also scroll the animated version of the blocks instead of switching to the static ones. Same setup as you were trying to do on the main timeline i.e. have a seperate layer for the blocks above the background image but within the SMB3bg MovieClip.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo