1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Can't open flash/fla files

Hi,
    I am trying to edit a website for a friend (built with Flash and XML) and i can't seem to get into any of the .Fla files.

I don't know if it is my version of Flash (CS4) or the files and not sure how i could test it.

Any help or suggestions would be great. Please help i don't know what to do, haha.

Here is an upload of one of the files i am talking about

http://www.2shared.com/file/kb2NKm0i...ification.html
    I wasn't sure which hosts were allowed so if i messed up please let me know.

Thanks
    Asher
  3. No Profile Picture
    Gotta get to the next screen..
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Hi, it opens alright for me in Flash CS5.5 so I'm guessing it is because you are trying to open it in an older version. You can get whoever made the files to back-save which is easy. Just do File->Save As and then from the "Save as type" box select "Flash CS4 Document".
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by Tann San
    Hi, it opens alright for me in Flash CS5.5 so I'm guessing it is because you are trying to open it in an older version. You can get whoever made the files to back-save which is easy. Just do File->Save As and then from the "Save as type" box select "Flash CS4 Document".
    WOW, awesome, your a lifesaver (and today had been going so wrong from me i needed a win). Now i know the problem i just need to get CS5 and change them back (original dev is not around).

Thanks again

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo