1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question How to convert swf to fla?

Hello, everyone
    I saw a wonderful flash animation yesterday, i really want to use some elements which contained in it, what tool can i use? Or how to convert the swf file to fla? Thanks for any help!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You convert a fla to a swf, but I don't think you can convert it back as you're swf file is the published fla.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

When Flash converts a .swf to a .fla, it's analogous to flattening a .psd to a .jpg. Done and done.
  7. No Profile Picture

This is indeed possible with flashdecompiler, supposedly the program should be able convert .swf to .fla so you could extract images, sounds, videos and actionscript from your flash animation that you saw.

Downside, it costs $79 - though there is a trial available.

9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by Factorfiction
    This is indeed possible with flashdecompiler, supposedly the program should be able convert .swf to .fla so you could extract images, sounds, videos and actionscript from your flash animation that you saw.

Downside, it costs $79 - though there is a trial available.

Never had much luck with those. It stuffs up your masking, the code is different, timeline is different, some functions do not work properly or is buggy. It doesn't decompile properly. It would probably work on simple swf files but whole or complex websites or animations, it has never worked for me.

I thought it took more work to fix the decompiled result than just to rebuild it.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by bigsilk
    When Flash converts a .swf to a .fla, it's analogous to flattening a .psd to a .jpg. Done and done.
    That's backwards...
    a .psd is Photoshop's equivalent to Flash's .fla...

You can decompile it, but you would need to get the owner of the project to do it..
    Decompilers are WAY TOO Expensive and don't ever work properly.
  13. No Profile Picture

Just get a swf video converter to convert swf file to flv. BTW, I always do this conversion with Firecoresoft swf converter.
  15. No Profile Picture

I know a wonderful FLA Converter which enables to convert FLA files to all kinds of video and audio formats with HD quality and superb speed. The good FLA Converter is a helpful FLA Player. Besides, this FLA Video Converter is a Video Joiner/Merger and video editor that can help merge or join FLA files together, trim FLA videos, remove off ads, crop FLA files, adjust FLA video size, rotate FLA video, add/remove FLA subtitle, adjust audio channel, increase FLA audio volume and more.

Find it by google search "How to Convert FLA to SWF, FLV, MP4, AVI, WMV, MP3 with FLA Converter?"

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo