1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Creating a site like Chat Roulette with Flash but...

I would like to make sure that the users host the videos so that they do not need to be hosted on the server.

Can someone tell me if this is possible and how it could be done? Also, would this require bandwidth and/or be expensive to host?

Thanks for the help!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Skaught27
    I would like to make sure that the users host the videos so that they do not need to be hosted on the server.

Can someone tell me if this is possible and how it could be done? Also, would this require bandwidth and/or be expensive to host?

Thanks for the help!
    So basically you want to make a user hosted youtube? A bittorrent youtube site in a sense?
  5. No Profile Picture

in a way... it is like a live webcam chat with one on one interactions. basically just chatroulette.com with a couple tweaks to it.

an important issue though would be one of the users hosting a chat, and someone else can join it. I can't imagine how expensive it would be for all the live webcam chats to be hosted on a central server. i certainly couldn't afford to do a startup requiring that large of a server.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo