1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Define beginner, intermediate and advance Flash person?

How do you know what category you fall in regarding your flash skills especially when it comes to job applications, etc.

I am presuming, someone who uses simple action script and timeline based animation is beginner?

What constitutes a person to be intermediate, advanced, good, etc.

Would Advanced be someone who would be able to animate only using actionscript for anything?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Gotta get to the next screen..
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

My personal opinion is that it doesn't really matter if you don't remember every single command, as long as you know what to look up when you need it. Just because someone may know every command and be able to draw anything using only ActionScript does not mean they necessarily know the best way of doing things.

I don't have any self-test sites to recommend although I do find answering the forums posts to be a nice test sometimes. You have to look at other peoples problems and work out how they arrived at that point, what they were trying to achieve and how to fix whatever has gone wrong. Doesn't give you many brownie points in a job interview I guess but it will help test your general knowledge and research skills which may aid you in other areas of an interview.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo