1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Don't want to see swf placeholder while it loads

I have a swf file loading over the top of a background graphic. The swf only covers part of the background... the part that I want to animate. My intention was that the background graphic would load quickly (it does) and that's what the visitor would see until the swf file completely loads and shows itself seamlessly over the top of the graphic. It would be seamless to the visitor because the swf image is identical to and matches to the background. So from the visitor's perspective, they would see a static image until the swf loads and then see part of that seemingly same image begin to animate.

However, what happens is that the background image loads and then a big black box (where the swf is loading) appears over the background until the swf file is completely loaded.

I have tried setting my swf background to transparent, but that does not work.

Does anyone know a way to prevent the black box (of the loading swf) from showing over my background image while the swf file loads?

Any help is appreciated.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Gotta get to the next screen..
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Hi, you would only see that if (1) you have not set the wmore to be transparent for the swf object and/of (2) you have set a background color either as a property/parameter for the swf object directly or via CSS. What people normally see is an outline box, like little a thin border whilst it is loading, unless they have wmode set to transparent.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo