1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Flash and Apple (i)Phones

Sorry but I posted a thred to HTML because I was wanting help on HTML5. This was moved to Java forum. Maybe this should have been posted here.

I have been producing flash content with pictures rolling over. I have heared that Apple are not going to support this on iPhones and tablets. I have also herd that HTML5 is a solution. Some of the content on the web is unclear with statments like blockinhg older content on Safari. Can anyone shead some light on this.

What I want to do is display Flash content on all PC's and current browsers. If Applie (i) stuff does not support it then what is the solution. I thought HTML5 as I heard about it. If there is a direct replacement to Flash what is it. Statments like "Avoide Flash" is a crap statment without a solution.

Can I detect if an (i)Phone has the app installed.

http://html5test.com/ can tell me lots of information but is this done through things like PHP -> $_SERVER[""];
    or is thay just using a list of data they already have.

I can deal with this by serving up a page withou the flash content.

I just want a good intelegent and constructive answere. If I new about Flash and (i)Phones I wouldent be asking and I am not a javascript expert or beginner.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Original thread here: http://forums.devshed.com/javascript...ms-948184.html

I'm going to reply over there for reasons I'll explain in the other thread, but I'll leave this thread here in case anyone from the Flash realm wants to throw in their $0.02.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo