1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Flash Buttons and 508 compatability

I have been tasked with making My Website 508 compatible. I used Flash Buttons throughout the site and have not been able to figure out how to apply an "alt" or "title" tag to the button so that the pop up reader comes up with the title of the button or the link. The site was designed with Dreamweaver Ultra Dev 4.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Certified Genius

um...

i'm not sure what ya mean by 508 compatible but if you haven't found an html solution to your problem you're not gonna find it in flash either...when a movie plays, the sides work as a type of clipping region. this would screw up any "tooltip" popup things because if they were wider than the button movie than it would be cut off by the border of the movie...that prolly doesn't help much...
  5. No Profile Picture

Thanx

Knowing about the clipping helps. 508 compatability is so blind people can hear via a screen reader when they mouse over a link or image. I'm new to Dreamweaver and the flash buttons were the only buttons available. I think what you told me pretty much seal's it, that I have to replace all the buttons on my website.

Thanx again
  7. No Profile Picture
    Certified Genius

bring it up to Macromedia

Wow...And I'm pissed off about browser compatibility...Try lookin around the Macromedia Website for Flash Accessibility options...If all else fails, Dreamweaver and Fireworks make it real easy to do some handy dandy Gif rollovers so that not all style is lost...good luck, rob
  9. No Profile Picture

$$$$$

I went to Macromedia and they have a 508 Kit, but unless you bought your software since December you have to shell out the $$$.

Thanx,
    awcs
  11. No Profile Picture
    Polynesian Monkey God

Handicapping the handicap...

Well, at least out of the sake of fairness they don't exclude handicap from price-gouging. Yea, equality!

(ps note sarcasm above)
    "We're all - monkeys!" -- Jeffrey Goines, 12 Monkeys

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo