#1
  1. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Flash index page randomly opening numerous pages in browser


    I have created an index page in flash and the rest of the website in Dreamweaver. The index page contains 4 buttons linking to specified sections of my site.

    when i open the index page in the browser, it proceeds to open hundreds more of these pages. I am guessing i have created a loop somewhere without realising it.

    I have used a simple code in action script for each of these buttons. I have tried the following:

    on (press) {
    getURL("about_us.html", "_self");
    }

    on (release) {
    getURL("about_us.html", "_blank", "GET");
    }

    and variations of these but cant seem to get it to work the way it should.

    Can you help?

    Many thanks
  2. #2
  3. Plays with fire
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Barsoom
    Posts
    1,150
    Rep Power
    145
    If you can post your complete code we can help identify the problem, but if you look for any instance of getURL it should give you clues about where the problem lies.
    “Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.” -- Horace Mann

    "...all men are created equal." -- US Declaration of Independence
  4. #3
  5. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by Brookcourt Kate
    on (press) {
    getURL("about_us.html", "_self");
    }

    on (release) {
    getURL("about_us.html", "_blank", "GET");
    }
    He is right give us complete code!
  6. #4
  7. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    [PHP]<head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
    <title>Home</title>
    <script language="javascript">AC_FL_RunContent = 0;</script>
    <script src="AC_RunActiveContent.js" language="javascript"></script>
    </head>
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <!--url's used in the movie-->
    <!--text used in the movie-->
    <!--
    <p align="center"><font face="Arial" size="18" color="#333333" letterSpacing="0.000000" kerning="1"><a href="#" target = "_blank"><b>contact us</b></a></font></p>
    <p align="center"><font face="Arial" size="18" color="#333333" letterSpacing="0.000000" kerning="1"><a href="mainpage.html" target = "_blank"><b>Home</b></a></font></p>
    -->
    <!-- saved from url=(0013)about:internet -->
    <script language="javascript">
    if (AC_FL_RunContent == 0) {
    alert("This page requires AC_RunActiveContent.js.");
    } else {
    AC_FL_RunContent(
    'codebase', =9,0,0,0',
    'width', '1000',
    'height', '500',
    'src', 'Home',
    'quality', 'high',

    'align', 'middle',
    'play', 'true',
    'loop', 'true',
    'scale', 'showall',
    'wmode', 'window',
    'devicefont', 'false',
    'id', 'Home',
    'bgcolor', '#ffffff',
    'name', 'Home',
    'menu', 'true',
    'allowFullScreen', 'false',
    'allowScriptAccess','sameDomain',
    'movie', 'Home',
    'salign', ''
    ); //end AC code
    }
    </script>
    <noscript>
    <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase=9,0,0,0" width="1000" height="500" id="Home" align="middle">
    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
    <param name="allowFullScreen" value="false" />
    <param name="movie" value="Home.swf" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" /> <embed src="Home.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="1000" height="500" name="Home" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" />
    </object>
    </noscript>
    </body>
    </html>
    [/PHPNET]
  8. #5
  9. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    Thanks for your help. I have just realised the problem was that i had an additional piece of action script hidden in one of the layers of the first button which was causing this problem.

    This has now been rectified and the site is working.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo