Thread: Flash and Java

1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Flash and Java

I was wondering if anyone knows of any site, books, tutorials, or forums dealing with the use of Flash with Java (JSP, or Servlets).

I have seen alot of resources for Flash and PHP, but I'm not really in the mood to learn another language. Any help in finding resources would be very helpful!!

Thanks,
    Mark
  3. No Profile Picture
    Certified Genius

well

i think the only way you will get flash to interact with java is to implement some sort of XML socket connection to connect with flash, or have a JSP script to generate an XML stream to send to flash, or even use java to give ya some abstraction between a database and the flash xml stuff...other than that, i'm not really sure what ya would want to do...as for resources...theres a few Flash XML tutorials out there and it's pretty simple anyways...rob

oh...although people always talk about php and flash it's really not dependent on the language you use...i suppose you can create an xml stream or xml socket in jsp just as easy as with php, that's the beauty of xml actually...
    Last edited by rob5408; February 14th, 2002 at 11:30 PM.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Certified Genius

babble babble

i was just reading over the flash and php threads...if ya want to create flash movies straight up through jsp than that is a different story...if you were hardcore you could download the swf file spec, read it over a bunch, then piece it together a movie in a script...the nice thing about php is that there is already a library (or whatever) put together for makin it easier to do stuff like that...anyway...i haven't seen one for jsp yet but i will keep my eyes pealed...rob
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks for your reply. I have been considering learning XML for some time now, basically what I want to do is connect to a database and display data and dynamic graphs. I have 5 five sites that I'm currently using servlets to provide real time data tracking for customers. I have done some other sites with Flash, but nothing more than basic to intermediate actionscripting. I really love Flash and would like to combine the two. I will look into the XML object and see if I can find a way to make them work together.

Thanks,
    Mark

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo