1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Flash and MS PowerPoint

Has anyone ever used an existing MS PowerPoint presentation in a new Flash (5) movie? Is it possible?

If so, does any one have any tipsor suggestions?

I have zero experience with MS PowerPoint, but am experienced with Flash 5.

Much thanks.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Don't think there's any import facility for Powerpoint -> Flash, if that's what you mean?? But, just had a play around with this, and it is possible to save a Powerpoint presentation as a series of Windows metafiles, then in Flash go File -> Import -> select filetype Windows metafile. Flash will recognise that you're importing a series of images and bring the whole lot in as separate frames. I just tried this with an exisiting presentation I had and it looked fine. Would need some 'tweaking' of course. Then you can set up transitions between the frames etc. Worth a try...
  5. No Profile Picture

Getting Flash into Powerpoint

It's possible and easiest if your using Office 2001 Powerpoint on a Macintosh platform. Powerpoint 2001 on Macintosh will embed a flash movie into the presentation with all interactivity retained! Any version older and it gets a little tricky and is only possible on a PC. You have to go Insert Object and select insert Active X object. You then place the SWF file into a folder as the flash presentation where Powerpoint can reference it, and link the Active X object to it via a special control tool. (Powerpoint won't embed the SWF file). FlashGeek.com has a tutorial on how this is done. However, I've still had problems with it even after going through the necessary steps. It seems to work differently on different types of PCs on top of everything else.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo