1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Flvplayback component question...

Im using an flvplayback component on my stage for a website. i have given the folder path correctly in the properties/parameters.

The video plays correctly. Everything is fine, except the seekbar handle (the pointy thing) which is supposed to move as the video plays doesnt do that. It just sits at the begining. I can see the seekbar loading up with the video by the darker shade so thats fine. If i drag the handle manually to another place on the seekbar it starts playing from that point, provided enough has streamed in. But its crazy, you dont know how much more video is left and where exactly in the video its playing.

Can someone help please ??

Thanks
  3. No Profile Picture

Keep in mind that I know nothing about flvplayback, but I did a google search and found this.

On that page I found this picture.

I see that the "totalTime" is 0. you might have to change that? I don't know if it automatically does it for you or not when you link the FLV file.
  5. No Profile Picture

Hi, Ur post was a little late as i waited quite a long time and then found out (with a hint from a friend on another forum) when i redid it a second time it just worked. Maybe i made a silly mistake somewhere when i first dragged the component on stage. But hey thanks anyway.

With regards to the same video window i wanted to ask you if you knew how i could scale a movieclip depending on the size of the stage or monitor its being viewed on.

In other words when i run my webpage..the video looks ok because its a 1024x768 monitor. When i run it on a large lcd monitor the video enlarges accordingly (since the webpage was designed to expand and stretch fit most monitors).

Is there a way in action script to find out what size monitor the webpage is being viewed on and scale a clip accordingly. I know how to scale the clip. Just need to know what statement or method to use to get the monitor dimensions.

Thanks
  7. No Profile Picture
    Gotta get to the next screen..
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Hi, in ActionScript 2 you can use:

trace(Stage.width + "x" + Stage.height);

and in ActionScript 3 you can use:

trace(this.stage.stageWidth, "x", this.stage.stageHeight);

Comments on this post

• Nappy agrees
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo