1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

html text box in netscape on mac

in an effort to use fonts that look like aliased web fonts i am creating multiline dynamic text boxes using html text. for example i'll set the variable of the dynamic text box to be "left_text". then on the same timeline i have the following action script.

left_text = "the headphone experiments<br><font color=\"#ff0000\"><a href=\"#\">joe somebody</a></font><br>";

works fine in mac and netscape on pc, also works in IE on mac, but in netscape on mac it prints <P align="left"></P> instead of

"the headphone experiments
    joe somebody"

wtf? anybody know what's going on? or is this an "apple netscape users are SOL" kind of thing.

------------

i know it seems like a lot of trouble do do all of my text this way, but a lot of the text used is actually going to be pulled from a mysql DB, and i can't stand the blurryness of flash fonts. grr. you think they'ld have fixed that by now.

-alligator.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

i can't stand the blurryness of flash fonts
    what do you mean? anti-aliasing can be turned off since i work with flash. and you can tell it to use system fonts instead which has the same effect...
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

yes i know about the toggle high quality, but it toggles the quality of the whole .swf rather than just the fonts. how do you use system fonts?
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

in "text options" you have a checkbox "use device font" or similar (i have german flash, it´s "Schriftarten des Geräts verwenden" if this helps...)

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo