1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question non-latin based characters in Flash 5/MX

Hi All,

I have a project where my client has asked me to translate their Flash movies. Up until now this has seemed to be relatively painless as the languages I have been using are based on Latin character sets (French German Dutch Dannish etc...) however in a later batch I will need to use chienese Japanese characters. Eventhough I have the relevant fonts and have enabled all language support on my PC (Win2000) I can't get Flash 5/MX to recognise non-latin characters such as chienese/japanese/hebrew etc.

Does anyone know of a way I can get round this problem or set up my pc correctly. I can't use graphics created in another package (not fireworks as it seems to have inherited the same problems as Flash) as some of the strings are in ActionScript.

Many thanks to anybody who can spend some time on this, I am really stumped.

Dan
    DELETE FROM pay WHERE employee_name ='Dan';
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Possible solution

Please forgive me if this does not hit the mark. Why don't you make the characters a .gif? That way Flash will see it as an image instead of text. This might get you around that pesky problem. Best of luck.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I wish I could...

Hi,

Thanks for the reply but unfortunately I can't change the ActionScript stuff to graphic (customer requirement) so I will still be stuck with these as problems.

I have been wondering if I change the default language of my machine, if that will be sufficient for it to work?

Thanks again,

Dan
    DELETE FROM pay WHERE employee_name ='Dan';

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo