1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Loadmovie() transparency

Hi all,

Im having a problem. I am using loadmovie() to load a SWF.
    It appears fine, but the background is transparent.

How can i retain the original background color from the SWF?

Thanks in advance,
    tgifriday
  3. Prisoner of the Sun

Usually you would want the background to stay transparent so you can load 1 movie into any other movie!

Anyway... if you want a solid background in the SWF you are loading, just draw a square that is the same size as your stage and place it on your lowest layer. Fill it with whatever colour you want for the background. You could even make it into a movieclip so that you can change the colour dynamically, whenever you need to.
    :: My blip.fm tunes :: Web Design Feeds :: Web Dev Feeds :: CheatSheets :: PHP :: MySQL :: 13 Moon FB App.

"All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. We are all one consciousness experiencing itself - subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream. We are the imaginations of ourselves."
    - Bill Hicks

"Truth is hidden in the subtle nature of the heart of everything, although it is invisible. One cannot see it from inside and neither from the surface. One can only live and experience it."
    - Heart Sutra
  5. No Profile Picture

Thanks for that solution. The problem is that the SWF's are included dynamically themselves so there is no way to know the background color unless i can somehow get them to give the color?
  7. No Profile Picture

I just discovered another problem with the transparency. It also means that with a on press geturl() you cannot click where the background of the movie should be because it no longer exists.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo