1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

MYSQL loading BLOB into flash

I've never tried this but is there a way of retrieving an image BLOB from MYSQL and loading it into flash.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Gotta get to the next screen..
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Yes but it's kinda tricky and you'll have to do your own reading up on it to find the perfect fit for your setup. The key is to load the data as a bytearray. You can sort of see how it's done here.

Converting the SQL blob data into a bytearray should be handled by whatever server language you choose to use i.e. PHP/C#/Java. That then returns the bytearray to Flash which can then load it as an image. There are a bunch of different methods to loading the bytearray as an image here.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by Tann San
    Yes but it's kinda tricky and you'll have to do your own reading up on it to find the perfect fit for your setup. The key is to load the data as a bytearray. You can sort of see how it's done here.

Converting the SQL blob data into a bytearray should be handled by whatever server language you choose to use i.e. PHP/C#/Java. That then returns the bytearray to Flash which can then load it as an image. There are a bunch of different methods to loading the bytearray as an image here.
    thanks for the help

I think what I'll do is output the SQL data as XML then load it into flash.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo