1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Other options for Flash audio player that has the same security?

I like having my audio embedded in Flash because you can not download it or separate the audio from the swf and so I have pretty much full control and security.

Is there another option that has the same level of security for audio where the user can only listen to it but can not download the file?

I also noticed on Android phones that it crashes when you have 50 flash elements on a page even if the swf has not loaded the audio and is just a container or player for when the audio is called to load or stream into it.
  3. Plays with fire

Not to take the wind out of your bubble, so to speak, but you can remove the audio from a SWF. There are tools out there that can do just about anything. Sorry.

That said, I still think Flash is the better choice for this kind of delivery. You can find JS or Quicktime or other players, but AFAIK none really obfuscate the actual audio.

Android is mobile platform. You need to code accordingly. It is not meant to nor is able to perform the same as a desktop player. Still, it does remarkably well, IMO.
    “Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.” -- Horace Mann

"...all men are created equal." -- US Declaration of Independence
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Frank Grimes
    Not to take the wind out of your bubble, so to speak, but you can remove the audio from a SWF. There are tools out there that can do just about anything. Sorry.

That said, I still think Flash is the better choice for this kind of delivery. You can find JS or Quicktime or other players, but AFAIK none really obfuscate the actual audio.

Android is mobile platform. You need to code accordingly. It is not meant to nor is able to perform the same as a desktop player. Still, it does remarkably well, IMO.
    Thanks for the response Frank.

I didnt know that about audio extractors for swf.

How should a person code for android or mobile phones for playing audio?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo