1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How to shape-tween between 2 different jpg-images

I try to make a shape-tween between jpg-image1 and jpg-image2. And I cannot figure out how to do it. What succeeds is a shap-tween between a rectangle (which I make in Flash) and an oval (which I make in Flash). But when I import 2 jpg-images (and place them in two keyframes) I cannot get the tween working. There comes a thick lightgreen-line with arrow but only the first image shows up in the first keyframe and the second image in the second keyframe and nothing in between. What do I do wrong?
    (Jpg-image1 is slightly different from jpg-image2 so I want to make a smooth transitiion)

Can anyone help?

Kippie
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

If you can vectorize the images it should work, use the trace bitmap command in Flash. Very memory intense though.

Mantas
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi Mantas,

Thanks for your reaction. I tried to follow your point but did not succeed. what I did was: I placed image1 (broken apart with Ctrl-B) in frame1. In this frame1 I selected shape in the frame dialog box. Then I went to frame 20 (or whatever), put a new keyframe there, deleted the image there (image1) and put image2 there, which was also broken apart with CtrlB. The shape tween doesn't work. what do I do wrong?

Kippie
  7. macho member

Arrow

Most Jpegs would contain too much info/points when conveted to vectors.

So it would be rediculously hard to get any results at all let alone a good one.

I would suggest you use another tool to morph the Jpegs instead.

Uhm, i cant remember the program i tried ...
    but it worked like how flash does with Shape Tweens with Shape Hints and all that ...

goto www.download.com to search for an image morpher.

Or someone else could suggest a good image morher?

Well after you get your morpher program, do your magic ...

... and then output the files to a series of images or since flash MX supports video can output to AVI and import into flash for the effect you are lookng for.

good luck!

9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks Bambam,

Kippie
  11. No Profile Picture

Tracing bitmaps.

Perhaps another morph method is best, but your problem is your not >tracing< the bit map. Instead of breaking it apart goto modify > trace bitmap. That will take the jpeg and "vectorize" it slicing it up into smoothed out sections of approximately the smae color. These new vector shape that slightly resemble your source picture act like any other flash object.

Another thing to try is fade on picture out and the other in this gives a psuedo-morph effect especially with similar pictures.

Peace
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Re: Tracing bitmaps.

Thanks SoupLogic

Kippie

Originally posted by SoupLogic
    Perhaps another morph method is best, but your problem is your not >tracing< the bit map. Instead of breaking it apart goto modify > trace bitmap. That will take the jpeg and "vectorize" it slicing it up into smoothed out sections of approximately the smae color. These new vector shape that slightly resemble your source picture act like any other flash object.

Another thing to try is fade on picture out and the other in this gives a psuedo-morph effect especially with similar pictures.

Peace

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo