1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Can I "split and pause" a tween?

(Flash 5, actually... but I doubt that detail matters for this topic)

I want to change Layer 2. Layer 3 is (almost) what I want Layer 2 to look like... (and I got there by trial and error and can't repeat it. Drat)

I want to have the image at A stay fixed till B. How do I do that? How do I get Layer 2 to look like Layer 3 at that point? (C is great... I like how that tween starts after the "no tween" segment. HOW to get that is my mystery.)

(Extra points: D is a mistake. How do I eliminate just one of the keyframes? I don't need two keyframes. I just need one where the transition happens. The extra keyframe is an artifact of the trial and error mishap above. Now I can't delete the keyframe without seeing other visuals that don't make sense to me.)
  3. No Profile Picture
    Gotta get to the next screen..
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Hi, the easiest way to make B the same as A is to just right click on A and choose Copy then Paste it where B is, then remove the tween from A. You can remove a tween from a section by right clicking the keyframe where the tween starts and choosing Remove Tween. To remove a frame just right click it and choose Clear Keyframe, that will turn it into a normal frame.

I'm using CS5.5 now so my memory of the options in CS4 is hazy, I hope the above is correct for your version.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by Tann San
    by right clicking the keyframe where the tween starts and choosing Remove Tween. To remove a frame just right click it and choose Clear Keyframe, that will turn it into a normal frame.
    Sounds promising! I'll give it a try. Thanks, Tann San.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo