1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

synchronizing multiple flash animations

I am a newcomer to Flash, and want to add three flash animations to my site.

These animations are supposed to occur in a certain sequence. However, because the three files are different sizes, they all take different amounts of time to download.

The events are never sychronzied properly. Is there a way for me to load the images, but not start them, so they can all be started at once?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Sounds like you need to preload each animation - you can do this by inserting >new scene into each movie (.fla) file before the animation, and putting a preloader into the first 10 frames. There's tonnes of preloaders on places like www.flashkit.com if you need to learn how to build one - basically it loads all the images and sounds in your flash movie before playing the main movie.

As for actually getting them to play together, you could do 1 of 2 things: 1: Set each preloader to work for a set time, say 1 minute, so that everything is loaded in each movie and they all start after 1 minute (you can change the time according to how big the files are, e.g. 20 seconds), or (slightly more difficult) 2: pass on information between the movies using variables. But I'm not really sure how you could do this one, maybe some body else would know. Personally I'd do 1.

HTH

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo