1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I saw this thing on telly....

Alright, a few weeks ago I saw this little website review on the telly of a few different flash sites, all based on the same technology. It was using an online Flash app to create your own characatures. It said it was a new thing floating about, that people were starting developing here and there.
    Has anyone else heard of it? It was using a kind of e-fit technique to make the little bloke look like you.
    Wouldn't mind a go (it's free aparently) so I can stick a little mini me on my site.

Thanks for any interest
    Flink

Comments on this post

• JimmyGosling agrees
    • Gran Roguismo agrees
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Sounds good. Had a look around and came across http://www.heromachine.com where you can customise a character and then screengrab the finished version. Could take off, on message boards or something... you could set the necessary variables in a user profile and then load a small flash movie based on those variables (e.g. hat=7&boots=3&shirt=22 etc etc) Hmm, I can feel a burst of inspiration coming on here!! Help!

Comments on this post

• JimmyGosling agrees
    • Gran Roguismo agrees
    • Arty Ziff agrees
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Cheers...

Cheers mate. Looks good.
    Cheshire, eh? Just little old Salford scum meself, but nice to see a fellow Brit.

Thanks
    Flink

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo