1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

tweening shape and motion

Hello to all.

I'm fairly new to flash so I hope this question isn't too simple for everyone. I have a symbol of basically a box that transforms in scale and opacity. At the end of the transformation I have a script to stop it (or else it just loops). I use a bunch of these in 1 scene to make a grid like box. In the layer above it I have one more that is supposed to form the box along with the layer above it but at a point in the scene follows a motion path to another spot. The problem is that as soon as I set it to a motion tween the shape tween before it doesn't happen. Is there a way to have an object undergo a shape tween then a motion tween after it?

HELP?
  3. No Profile Picture
    flash junkie
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

there's no way to apply a shape tween and then a motion tween to the same object... the reason is that a motion tween needs to be using either a graphic symobl, button symbol or a movieclip symbol. Notice that all three of these are symbols, as opposed to a shape tween, which requires that the object that you are tweening is *not* a symbol, but rather just a plain old shape. What you could do, is take your shape tweened object, convert it to a movieclip, put a stop frame on the first frame of your shape tween, but still animate the movieclip itself. once the movieclip is motion tweened to wherever it needs to go, tell the shape tween timeline to play. here's a quick example, since it's a lot easier to understand from example

cheers,

bret
    Attached Files

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo