1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Xml/padding issue....

I am willing to compensate for the help needed with my issue. I’ve tried almost everything within my flash and xml knowledge. This could/might be a simple issue, but I feel as though I am wasting time trying to resolve it myself.

Let me briefly describe what I want and what is happening instead.
    I bought this template for my site : (address blocked: See forum rules)

however, for the “portfolio” section of the site, I am not 100% fond of the dropping block style of portfolio items. In fact, I will need a portfolio able to hold hundreds of thumbnails, then thousands of images.
    I chose this flash file for my thumbnails/portfolio : (address blocked: See forum rules)

It neatly organizes my thumbnails, and I can put MANY in there.

what I want to do is be able to swap out the “newton” portfolio page with the “thumbnail browser” – but keep it on/in the same shell/template. the navigation/etc would all remain the same, but rather than the dropping blocks, the “thumbnail viewer” file/thumbnails would appear in the stage.

I fiddled around a bit, and got the thumbnail SWF onto the stage for Newton’s portfolio page. but the newton parameters/settings seem to crop and cut off the top row. in addition, the newton settings seem to disable the thumbnail viewer’s scroll bar on the right.

I’ve contacted both authors, but haven’t gotten a reply. I was hoping there’s be a simple adjustment in padding I could do to the thumbnail viewer XML file, but i’ve tried everything.

If someone is looking to make me very happy, I can probably compensate a little too.

I could link the templates once I'm not a new user, or PM them to anyone willing to help...
  3. Plays with fire
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

We can't see the site because you need to have more posts before you're allowed to post a link.

Keep in mind, too, most purchased templates are very difficult to modify. They are usually developed to work a single way and are not very well coded.
    “Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.” -- Horace Mann

"...all men are created equal." -- US Declaration of Independence

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo