1. No Profile Picture
    Dev
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Flash MX and Dynamic JPEGs

I've heard this new Flash MX can dynamically load JPEGs using some actionscript. Does anyone know what kind of player this requires? Flash MX appears to be an authoring tool so when you make SWFs with it, what kind of player does the end user need to play them? Do they work with the Flash 5 player?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Certified Genius
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

flash player 6

flash player 6...naming the authoring environment mx is just to avoid having flash 369 in the near future i believe...rob
  5. No Profile Picture
    Polynesian Monkey God

Flash MX

The Flash 6 Player implements all the new features of Flash MX. You would probably not be able to use the Flash 5 Player for SWFs created with Flash MX.

Check out the feature tour at the Macromedia site: http://www.macromedia.com/software/f..._feature_tour/

One of the parts talks about the dynamic image and sound feature. I haven't bought MX yet, but I'm thinking that the dynamic image feature will save a lot of (processor) time and additional server-side coding. With Flash 5, you pretty much had to use PHP (or other) to create SWFs containing the image you wanted to use (using Ming or libswf) and then dynamically load the SWF into a Flash. This was definitely a pain in the backside.

As far as end-users getting the Flash 6 Player, if they already have the Flash 5 Player installed on their browser, then it only takes a couple clicks (literally) and a seconds (to minutes, depending on their internet connection) to upgrade.
    "We're all - monkeys!" -- Jeffrey Goines, 12 Monkeys
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Re: flash player 6

Originally posted by rob5408
    flash player 6...naming the authoring environment mx is just to avoid having flash 369 in the near future i believe...rob
    Thanks for posting that tour link. I've been reading reviews and seen a few screen grabs, but really that demo is quite stunning isn't it? Now to save some pennies for MX.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Dev
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

I wonder how many people currently have the Flash 6 player?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo