1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Flash Animations

I played "Rumble Fish" today at the Chinatown Fair(name of the arcade) its a Flash animation and it looked Much better than any 2D fighting game that i have ever played in history besides Guilty Gear . It Used Flash Animation and the Characters moved more fluid.

My Question is, is there any good programs used for flash Animations? Im gonna goodle but its always good to Get Advice from others.

You can't just only teach your self you must learn from others too.
  3. Psycho Canadian
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

Moving to Flash forum as you'll get better answers there .
  5. :)
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

Arcade games aren't usually from flash. At least I think so. The characters are sprites and they just overlay the background.
  7. Prisoner of the Sun

Was it psuedo-3D?

There's no real set way to make good graphics. There's so many ways it could be done.

Some of the stick-games are pretty cool - I was watching my little bro play one the other day. Have you seen the xiaoxiao movies? Very fluid, 3D animation in Flash.
    this is the official site but it's slow: http://www.xiaoxiaomovie.com/index02.htm
    This link might be easier: http://www.newgrounds.com/collection/xiaoxiao.html
    The best ones are 3, 4, 7 and 8

I know that the avatars in Habbo Hotel are drawn in 3DS Max and then imported into Illustrator, where each isometric "angle" of each character is touched up before being imported into Flash. So they are 2d but they look 3d.

If you want really fluid motion, you will probably need to use keyframes, like true illustration and conventional cell-based animation.
    :: My blip.fm tunes :: Web Design Feeds :: Web Dev Feeds :: CheatSheets :: PHP :: MySQL :: 13 Moon FB App.

"All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. We are all one consciousness experiencing itself - subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream. We are the imaginations of ourselves."
    - Bill Hicks

"Truth is hidden in the subtle nature of the heart of everything, although it is invisible. One cannot see it from inside and neither from the surface. One can only live and experience it."
    - Heart Sutra
  9. :)
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

http://ps2.ign.com/objects/700/700725.html

Based on the Japanese arcade fighting game featuring advanced new 2D graphic techniques that allows for layering of body limbs and sprites to create varying animations rather than rendering a vast number of sprites. The fighting system features a combo chain system, a super move bar, and a dodge button in addition to two buttons each for kicks and punches.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

So is Flash better than Sprites. and isnt Flash, Vector ?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo