1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

languages in flash mx

Hi,

When loading data from a PHP/MYSQL into the flash movie only my own language(Dutch) and English are displayed properly.

Because the flash MX application must run for several languages I am currently trying to insert French content
    but the fonts seem to get scrambled seriously (e.g. 'Créez la région' becomes 'Cr¡õz la r¡õgion' or something)

Anyhow, I heared about using unicode pages so I've first tried $outputstring=utf8_encode($outputstring);
    This $outputstring will than be read by flash.

This didnt work, so I tried system.useCodepage = true which does work, but doesnt run on a MAC (I don't know about Linux), so I try to play save and figure out what steps I am missing in my PHP script in order to make flash read my file.

I am also using the Tahoma font in flash I case it should matter.

Help is very much appreciated!
    Patrick
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Try using the built in system fonts that come with flash. I forget the three off hand, but they are at the top of your font list. _sans is one of them, and they all are prefixed by an underscore. Tahoma may not have the characters that are needed to view other language packs. But in addition i think that you need to have the language packs installed on your computer. So that the computer knows how to interpret all of your characters. But i could be way off on that. But its something to try.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo