October 7th, 2002, 08:15 AM
How to import gif file with transparent background ?
I would like to import a gif-file (for example a fish) and have the background of the fish transparent in Flash. So that in a movie with a motion-tween of the fish you see only the fish moving and not a rectangular form with the fish inside. Is that possible?
In Photoshop I know how to make a gif with a trasnparent background but that transparency seems to disappear when importing it it Flash. Can anyone help?
October 7th, 2002, 09:16 PM
in photoshop you have to save the file in png format not gif; you can then import it in flash and the image's transparency will be retained.
October 8th, 2002, 05:48 AM
It might also be an option to do this:
- Import the gif file in flash
- Trace it (the option is called Trace Bitmap, i dont know in what menu that option is again....)
- By tracing it, flash makes a flash object of the image, wich is fully editable and usually smaller then the original bitmap!
- After tracing, you can delete the gif file from the library, that saves space
- Select the (for example) white background in the traced object, and just delete it: Background = gone!
October 8th, 2002, 08:41 AM
Thanks for the help!