1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Options for viewing a Flash website on iPhones?

I want my flash website to be viewable on iPhones but Apple does not support Flash websites on iPhones. What are my options here?

I have heard of people just making a html version of the website or using Smoke, but I heard iPhone users do not really want to download a third party plugin to view Flash content on their iPhones.

Are there any other options that do not require you to redevelop the Flash website, like into HTML versions for example and if developing into HTML is the only option, how should you build the HTML version of the Flash website? Are there criterias to meet or pitfalls to watch out for?
  3. Plays with fire
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

There are some emulators available (or, I should say, submitted for approval to the iTunes store), but don't hold your breath.

Apple is very anti-Flash and they seem to go out of their way to make it not work.

When I develop all-Flash sites, I still make HTML versions for a number of reasons, this being one of them, but also for SEO and for those who just don't like it. Making a site viewable to as many people as possible makes the most sense, even if it is lots more work.

Comments on this post

• Tann San agrees : Bingo!
    “Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.” -- Horace Mann

"...all men are created equal." -- US Declaration of Independence

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo