1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Flash: htmlText + Embedded Fonts + TinyMCE

Hey again,

I'm having some issues loading in external HTML content into flash using TinyMCE -> XML -> dynamic text box (inside a movieclip, it's a scroller).

The main problem is that scrolling requires font embedding and that messes with my HTML text. In addition, TinyMCE often uses HTML that is NOT supported by flash, so im in a pickle here trying to coordinate this all together.
    I've tried several different methods to get TinyMCE to output the right HTML tags but nothing seems to work quite right. :/

Any suggestions on how to solve this?

Thank you,
    -gost
  3. No Profile Picture
    Gotta get to the next screen..
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Hi, when I googled "tinymce flash htmltext" the top result had an answer that suggested using the legacyoutput plugin for tinymce. Check it out and see if that helps.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Yes I have tried this, but the font tags still do not display correctly.

I have read that post and even changed the JS files as suggested.

Mainly the issue is how I can embed a font and still use TinyMCE as my editor? Or are there better ones that are more optmized for flash?
  7. Plays with fire
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

TinyMCE is very customizable. You can remove the buttons that aren't compatible with Flash -- even change how it writes the HTML to make it more Flash-friendly.

It really is the best GUI editor. FCKEditor recently became CKEditor and none of the docs have been updated to reflect the change so it's near impossible to test anything. Tiny is great, but tread lightly in their forums if you have questions. They can be a little terse.
    “Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.” -- Horace Mann

"...all men are created equal." -- US Declaration of Independence

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo