Thread: Tween questions

1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Tween questions

I'm a little confused with tweening. So hope I can get some answers to these questions.

1. How do I flip/mirror a tween? For example I create a character that jumps a tween that goes like this(imagine it with a curve) Look at the lines, not the Xs(It removed the spaces when I posted without the Xs)
    xx__
    x /
    /

Now that he is up in the air I want the tween for him to land to go like this.
    __
    xx\
    xxx\

How do I do that?

2. I'm not sure why but sometimes when I click on a tween motion it curves the entire line. While other times it curves the lines between two frames(two of the tween dots). How does this work exactly?

3. How do I insert a new frame to the right of a tween properly?
    Every time I try it extends the tween. Does not matter if I use F5 or F6. The only way I get it to work properly is if I add in the frames before the tween.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Gotta get to the next screen..
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

1) First select the entire tween, right click and "Copy Frames". Then paste them after the end of the original tween. Now right click the new one you just pasted. At the bottom of the right click context menu it says "Motion Path", select that and then "Reverse Path".

2) I'm not sure. It should only tween between the two dots if they are keyframes. I've never actually used the newer tweens. I do it all via AS now with TweenMax. I did used to use the old style timeline tweens for quick jobs. Those are called "classic tweens" now. I'm only working out the answers to your questions now by creating a quick demo for me to test it out with. When the new timeline tweens first came out I did try them out but found the system to be quite flakey which is why I stopped using them. I assumed those old kinks would of been fixed by now since they have been available for so long.

3) F6 works for me. You could try opening the "Motion Editor" panel from the Window menu, select the motion path on stage, then drag the timeline tracker to the point you want the keyframe. In the Motion Editor window, next to the Ease dropdowns are 3 icons. An arrow left, a diamond or up arrow and a right arrow. The diamond removes a keyframe and is only visible if you are actually on a keyframe. The up arrow inserts a new keyframe. I'm pretty sure that's just the same as doing F6 or Insert->Timeline->Keyframe from the top main menu.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

1. That didn't mirror it. However by dragging the left border and with your direction I was able to mirror it properly.

2. Anyone else who would know? So far you seem the smartest and the most helpful.

3. I'll try that.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo