Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Which one is a good Free Hosting

Hi,
    I spent 6 hours doing research on free hosting, read 100s of reviews and still didn't reach any conclusion. I want to use a free hosting that has a reliable uptime and don't show downtimes, I know what I am saying doesn't make sense as I am talking about free but I think if visitors are less so something like that should be available.
    I have hostgator but at that account I did a mistake and purchased the hatchling which only support 1 domain, so now I want to make another site which will have few visitors, can someone tell me honestly which free service is good, below is the list of names that I heard around internet, can someone tell me one name and give me a reason why?

servers free
    zymic
    000webhosting
    3owl
    host-ed
    awardspace
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

To OP,

You can consider 000webhosting to host your website at free of cost. FYI, I do not have any personal experience with them so it is hard to say why I am suggesting their name. Probably because their name always appear first on Google search results whenever I enter “free web hosting”.

One thing I would like to say specially you get what you for and if you do not pay then do not expect anything reliable from free web hosting service provider.
    bodHOST.com : | Knowledge-Base |
    Live Chat | Ph: 866-662-0909 | Email:sales@bodhost.com|
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

It's better off to spend a bit more money for a more reliable hosting service. But if you're really looking for free hosting, I guess I would recommend Servers Australia, they usually have some promotions going on.
  7. No Profile Picture

000WebHost is good

I used to host one of my sites with them.. Except for lack of live customer support or opening non standard ports, I liked them. If you have a simple site which does not need fancy stuff or ticket based customer support, you can go for free hosting.. They don't even put ads in your site.. So what do you lose?
  9. No Profile Picture

We would suggest you to go for paid hosting since in free hosting you get limited resources and the website security is also not good.
  11. No Profile Picture

Wink

hello there
    expect nothing on free my friend, it will only disappoint you. For me, I don't really trust on cheap hosting how much more on free. Think of it, hosting is a business and practically they need money for the service they give because it is all about money. You'll get what you are paying for, and if you have nothing to give they also have nothing to give in return, only the word FREE that they'll think can satisfy you.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Lightbulb

One Free Web hosting I know is 000webhost they are good as well within the scope of their limitation. It is good for starters who wants to build their website for fun and learning. But for professionals to carry out their businesses online Paid Hosting is best since it can provide you with more support for your site's needs
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I have used FriHost for nearly 7 years now. It's a Post 2 Host type free hosting provider where you need to be active in their forum. like 10 posts per month sometimes less. But their service is good. More or less like budget shared hosting service. You get support in forum which is fast and package includes 15GB transfer, 1.4GB Space, unlimited domains and cPanel.

They are running a tight ship, probably the reason they have survived this long.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

000webhost is a good company for free webhosting..

also you might want to check out x10hosting.com or bytehosting.com both are also great free hosts that are wonderful..

When signing up with bytehost.com you'll have to sign up using firefox browser if not then it will not allow you to create a account or sign up with them.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Zymic and 000webhosting are good option for free hosting but personally I will not suggest you to go with free hosting. You can find easily at very affordable hosting service provider with good services.
  21. No Profile Picture

Well in my humble opinion, you should really spend money. Not so expensive but least you paid because I'm sure they have better offer and you have the right to complain if ever because you're a paying customer..
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

NEVER do 000webhosting for any webpage that requires access to a mysql db! You will get non stop mysql errors.
  25. No Profile Picture

It's better off to invest a bit more cash for a more efficient web host support. But if you're really looking for 100 % free web host, I think I would suggest Web servers Sydney, they usually have some special offers going on...!!
  27. No Profile Picture

I would recommend you to consider a paid hosting service rather than looking for free web hosting services. The reason for it is that you can find many cheap web hosting plans now days and they can provide you with manged services, support and better hosting features as compared to free web hosting.
  29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by webhostingrevie
    i want to suggest you one web site that provide you to list of free web hosting provider available in the market.

001webhost
    LOL shameless name theft!

google "Free hosting" and check out which service is the best by yourself.

Don't listen to shameless self promotions in forums
    Last edited by freak.inside; September 19th, 2013 at 04:55 AM.
    All generalizations are false, including this one. Free hosting
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo