1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Why I Like Free Hosts

As a webmaster, I like to use free web hosting to host my non-profit sites, or web sites that are in their beginning stages. It is easy to sign-up for a free web site to try out new site ideas, or just to store files for a while.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Webhosting Troll

But then you have to deal with the free hosts that don't offer certain things, or aren't around for long.

Which ones do you use? I'd be interested in checking them out and seeing what they offer.

Comments on this post

• BlaZe69 agrees : agree
  5. No Profile Picture

I agree that free hosts are sometimes beneficial if you are trying to setup something non-profit but still, the biggest risk is that the data can be lost anytime and the chances of recovery of the lost data is very less.

And most of the times, free hosts are ad-supported so if you try to make money through free websites, you are going to build a website just with loads of ads. So paying a bit for the hosting is more beneficial to keep a control on the data that you host.
  7. No Profile Picture

Smile

I agree with you, but I think that not free hosting is best for businnes.
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by extokas
    As a webmaster, I like to use free web hosting to host my non-profit sites, or web sites that are in their beginning stages. It is easy to sign-up for a free web site to try out new site ideas, or just to store files for a while.
    Right. In my experience a lot of free web host users are web design students testing things out.
  11. No Profile Picture

Why not to have big account and host multiple sites on it? The main site along with some testing ones?

I don't understand the logic of test a good site using worse plate forum? This will surely give you underestimation. You wont be able to access the correct potential of website.
  13. No Profile Picture

Free web hosting is good for non profit websites and also a good way for the experiments. I am also use the free web hosting for new projects and learning about it.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Free host is good for testing out a dummy website. I do that all the time

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo