1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Need a new web hosting

Hi, I have been looking around for a free web hosting that matches my needs. So far, I haven't been having much luck in finding a suitable one yet.

What I need is a free PHP hosting for my forum (SMF) and my game engine (miniNEAB); thus, I am looking for around 500 MB storage space and almost unlimited bandwidth. I need only two mySQL databases and one email account.

At the moment, I am using Heliohost for my forum and game, but it dies when 3 or more people accesses the sites at the same time. Anyone knows of a free web hosting provider that meets my needs?

The important factor is reliability. I don't want to work on a game map and the server dies on me before I save.
  3. No Profile Picture

Thanks, all. I eventually give up with free web hosting. It is too restricting either on bandwidth or CPU resources. I have had it!

Luckily, I found myself a very cheap web hosting. It is stable especially with the new AJAX chat system I installed to the forum.
    Last edited by hiker; September 6th, 2012 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Removed unlimited mention
  5. No Profile Picture

Hello,

I would not recommend going with a free host. Hosting starts from $1-2 per month, and will generally be a lot more reliable. However, if you must go with a free host, I used 000webhost when starting out and they were fine, but not great.

Regards,
    Dominic
  7. No Profile Picture

Hello,

From my personal experience I will not suggest you for free hosting because of so many restriction, you can get web hosting services at very low price from any reliable company such ad Hostnsoft.
  9. No Profile Picture

Posting about paid hosting in the free section doesn't make sense does it?
    I'd say try to go for some P2H hosting as it's the closest to free you'll get without compromising on quality.
  11. No Profile Picture

Wink

Don't look for a reliable free web host I'm sure you cannot find one. Cheap hosting is better but not that great. There's nothing I could recommend on both, however if you really prefer to look for it you must sort it out on the net. Lots of this you can choose of.
  13. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Ice_Drake1
    Thanks, all. I eventually give up with free web hosting. It is too restricting either on bandwidth or CPU resources. I have had it!

Luckily, I found myself a very cheap web hosting. It is stable especially with the new AJAX chat system I installed to the forum.
    Thatís the right decision. Itís always better to avoid free staffs. In fact nothing is free, there something hidden behind it you never know.
  15. No Profile Picture

Hello,

Serious website should not be on free hosting!!
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Free hosting come with lots of restriction and not fulfil your requirement there is also risk of support and services from that company.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo