1. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

50Free.com Problem

I was wondering if anyone else here using 50free.com.

When I upload files via ftp and then try to access them I get a message that says: premature end of script headers:filename.php

Then if a open up the file in edit mode in the file manager and save it the problem goes away.

I dont understand whats going on anyone else have this problem?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Brony & F/OSS Advocate
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I use 50Free.com, and I have no problem with it, just make sure that whenever you FTP stuff, all scripts are set to
    Code:
    CHMOD 0755
    and the problem should be fixed.

Edited to say that if you read the FAQ on 50Free's members control panel, this question is answered there.
    ~~ Peter ~~ :: ( Who am I? ) :: ( Peter's Musings: Uploading myself, bit by bit... ) :: ( Electronic Frontier Foundation ) :: ( I'm a GNU/Linux addict and Free Software Advocate. ) :: ( How to Ask Questions the Smart Way ) :: ( The Fedora Project, sponsored by Red Hat ) :: ( GNOME: The Free Software Desktop Project ) :: ( GnuPG Public Key ) :: ( About me on the WIki )
  5. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

Hey-

I have tried to chmod to 0755 however that doesnt fix the problem. I know that 50free.com doesnt offer support. I dont understand whats going on.

Have you ever had a problem like this?

Thanks for the help so far.
    Jonathen Scalet
  7. No Profile Picture
    Brony & F/OSS Advocate

Yes, that happened to me when I first got my account and wrote a test scripts-just to check phpinfo() and mail(...)-and I got that "incomplete script headers" thing. So, using SmartFTP (i will never use a different FTP client ever again {^_^}), I changed it so it was 0755, (owner=read+write+execute,group=read+execute,other=read+execute) as the default (if you upload without changing it) is 0644 (owner=read+write,group=read,other=read), which menas the scripts cannot execute and therefore you get the error. once i changed the CHMOD thing though, the scripts worked perfectly...

{@_@}

btw, u can download SmartFTP for free from http://www.SmartFTP.com/
    ~~ Peter ~~ :: ( Who am I? ) :: ( Peter's Musings: Uploading myself, bit by bit... ) :: ( Electronic Frontier Foundation ) :: ( I'm a GNU/Linux addict and Free Software Advocate. ) :: ( How to Ask Questions the Smart Way ) :: ( The Fedora Project, sponsored by Red Hat ) :: ( GNOME: The Free Software Desktop Project ) :: ( GnuPG Public Key ) :: ( About me on the WIki )
  9. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

phpgeak-

Thanks for all your help so far, I have download SmartFTP and CHMOD'ed the file to 0766( for some reason that what was coming up).

The problem is still existing, you can visit one of my page and see.
    Link Here

I really need this to work and I dont understand why it is giving me a problem.

If you want I will give you my username and password and you could login thru FTP and check it out.

Please let me know,
    Again thanks for all your help.
    Jonathen Scalet
  11. No Profile Picture
    Brony & F/OSS Advocate

[I've attached a ZIP file which contains two images.]

Right click on the file you wish to CHMOD, and you should see a GUI menu similar to that shown in "SmartFTP (Menu).jpg". After doing that, click the menu option near the bottom that says "CHMOD / Properties" and you should see a dialog box similar to that shown in "SmartFTP (CHMOD).jpg", then just make sure the permission are set as shown in that image for every script, and the problem should be fixed.

{@_@}
  13. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

PHPGeak-

Is there anyway to chmodd a whole folder before I upload it
    because this script that Im uploading is called xcart and its huge I need to have most of the page be 755.
    Any ideas?
    Jon
  15. No Profile Picture
    Brony & F/OSS Advocate

i think if u CHMOD the entire folder (right clickt eh folder instead of the file) it wil automatically CHMOD what is inside of it, but i don't know for certain...
  17. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

Yea it wont let me CHMOD the entire folder. Im trying to get this shopping cart script to work and its been nothing but headaches.

have you ever heard of xcart?
  19. No Profile Picture
    Brony & F/OSS Advocate

no, but i think i found how to CHMOD verything @ once...highlight all of the files by using CTRL + A, then press F7 for the CHMOD menu thing
  21. No Profile Picture
    Brony & F/OSS Advocate

no that doesn't work...
  23. No Profile Picture
    Brony & F/OSS Advocate

if their web-based filemanager worked, you could just go into the folder, then check the "check all" box at the top and change them all @ once, but it don't work, sad to say...
  25. No Profile Picture
    Brony & F/OSS Advocate

FYI, I clicked the link, and the script seems to work...(it doesn't give me any errors)

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo