1. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Global Web - Free Web Hosting - No Banners - PHP/mySQL

Check www.globalweb.com.ru.

Global Web offers Professional free web hosting to businesses and individuals with a free domain name hosting, 150 MB free web space. You can also take advantages of our AD-free service (No Banners or Popups).

Note that in order to register here, you do NOT have to register your domain name through us, you can register anywhere, or if you already have a domain name, you may transfer it here free.

150 MB free web space
    1 GB Bandwidth monthly transfer
    Linux Redhat
    Apache + mySQL + PHP 4 + ASP
    cgi/perl scripting
    Domain Hosting
    Unlimited POP mail account
    24/7 Support
    99.8% Guaranteed Uptime

Our service is free, no monthly payments or whatever. However, a registration fee of $20 applies. This fee shall prevent multiple registrations from one user.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Brony & F/OSS Advocate
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Thumbs down What part of "dont' spam the boards" and "$20 is not free" don't you understand?

can a mod plz delete this thread and ban mBf?
    ~~ Peter ~~ :: ( Who am I? ) :: ( Peter's Musings: Uploading myself, bit by bit... ) :: ( Electronic Frontier Foundation ) :: ( I'm a GNU/Linux addict and Free Software Advocate. ) :: ( How to Ask Questions the Smart Way ) :: ( The Fedora Project, sponsored by Red Hat ) :: ( GNOME: The Free Software Desktop Project ) :: ( GnuPG Public Key ) :: ( About me on the WIki )
  5. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Ok, php4(geek) let me tell you these facts...

A commerical web hosting is a web hosting package that you pay for on monthly basis while a free web hosting is a web hosting package that you do not pay for on monthly/anually basis.

If there were a company that offers 150 mb web space, 1 gb monthly bandwidth, php/mysql, cgi/perl without advertisements, kindly inform me!

If we make profit out of free packages, we would not limit it to the first one thousand registrar.

And if there is a way I do not know (except for charging credit card) that ensure there are no multiple registrations and prevent abuse of service, kindly tell me that way. I would really appreciate it!

Cheers,
  7. No Profile Picture
    Banned

You know what?

It seems that you are hired from one of those 10 mb advertisements-supported hosting companies.
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally posted by mBf
    You know what?

It seems that you are hired from one of those 10 mb advertisements-supported hosting companies.
    you know what?
    it seems like you are getting very desperate for some sales.....
  11. No Profile Picture
    Brony & F/OSS Advocate

Red face And your hosting is spam-supported it would seem...

Originally posted by mBf
    You know what?

(1) I pay just under $10 every month for my domain name and really awesome hosting. I was never hired by anyone. I am self-employed for a software company started by my friends and I about a year ago.

(2) "10 mb ad-supported hosting companies" You mean like CompactVision Hosting? At least their services are 100% free...THAT MEANS PAYING NOTHING

(3) Just FYI, what your doing is false advertising. Saying something is free, then charging $20 for it is false advertising, which is a felony and is punishable in the United States by fines, imprisonment, or both.

~~ Peter ~~ :: ( Who am I? ) :: ( Peter's Musings: Uploading myself, bit by bit... ) :: ( Electronic Frontier Foundation ) :: ( I'm a GNU/Linux addict and Free Software Advocate. ) :: ( How to Ask Questions the Smart Way ) :: ( The Fedora Project, sponsored by Red Hat ) :: ( GNOME: The Free Software Desktop Project ) :: ( GnuPG Public Key ) :: ( About me on the WIki )
  13. No Profile Picture

Re: And your hosting is spam-supported it would seem...

Originally posted by php4geek
    (1) I pay just under $10 every month for my domain name and really awesome hosting. I was never hired by anyone. I am self-employed for a software company started by my friends and I about a year ago.

(2) "10 mb ad-supported hosting companies" You mean like CompactVision Hosting? At least their services are 100% free...THAT MEANS PAYING NOTHING

(3) Just FYI, what your doing is false advertising. Saying something is free, then charging $20 is false advertising, which is a felony and is punishable in the United States by fines, imprisonment, or both.

to quote the gamer community, you just got "pwned" mBf....
  15. No Profile Picture
    Brony & F/OSS Advocate

Thumbs up Thank you, Admin/Moderators!

Originally posted by golden3159
    to quote the gamer community, you just got "pwned" mBf....
    [edited out]
  17. No Profile Picture

Re: Thank you, Admin/Moderators!

Originally posted by php4geek
    To quote a moderator, he just got banned too, thankfully.
    Which is a shame, because the way I read the post, the webhosting WAS free, it was the registration that cost $20.
  19. No Profile Picture

true but he started spamming his host too much
  21. No Profile Picture

I see, ok.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo