1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

2 FTP access over the same LAN

I have 2 NAS connected over the same LAN 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2.
    I have a domain MMM.ABC.CON
    I have router setup to forward FTP requests to 192.168.1.1 and is working fine, when i go FTP//MMM.ABC.CON I can see the shares on 192.168.1.1
    I want to be able to to the same thing with the other NAS (192.168.1.2) individually and be able to access both of them using FTP from outside the LAN (internet).

Is this possible? oor any other way to do it?

The main reason is the each NAS have the capability of creating multiple FTP users and I want to keep separated both NAS and be able to access them using FTP individually.

Any help will be appreciated.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

You can do it if the FTP servers are running on different ports, you should check whether your NAS devices allow you to change the FTP port.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by E-Oreo
    You can do it if the FTP servers are running on different ports, you should check whether your NAS devices allow you to change the FTP port.

I dont think the NAS have an option to change the port. Is tere any other way to do it?
  7. No Profile Picture

Ok i was able to change the port to one of them, and I can access it within the LAN, How would I access it from outside How wuoud I type the address bar?
  9. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

First you need to set up your router's port forwarding so that the new port gets forwarded to the correct NAS.

Then the address just becomes: ftp://domain.com:portnumber/
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  11. No Profile Picture

Thanks for the Reply. For some reason I try that and I could it access it from outside, What port would you recomend to use?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo