1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Accounts and passwords setup in IIS 7

my ftp server is running off of my win 7 ult machine through IIS7 now i have tryied to setup accounts in which to secure my server abit but every attempt i tried ended up in my having to do setup my whole server, i tried making a password on the whole server but the password i texted didnt work and nor did any attempt to remove said password so i had to redo the server completely, any helkp in this would be greatly apprecieated and i would've asked about this in my other post but figured the two are not related closely enough
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

A quick Google search kicked up this handy article. CLICK

If you have more specific issues please let us know, and do be as specific as possible.
  5. No Profile Picture

ok, what im looking to try to do is to setup multiple user accounts and have them have different passwords, you know security purposes, but idk if i can with IIS maybe with another program?
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by metalhead666
    ok, what im looking to try to do is to setup multiple user accounts and have them have different passwords, you know security purposes, but idk if i can with IIS maybe with another program?
    never mind i found out how to do it, thanks for the help
    oh one last thing is there by any chance a way to add a log-out button to the ftp server? just figured if there is then it'd be nifty
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Well you usually would add this in the website itself or could utilize a 3rd party program that may have it built in (i.e., Filezilla FTP Server). Could you post the solution to your original problem so other people can learn from it as well?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo