1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Automated FTP need help

Hi all,
    I'm new here so first let me introduce myself, my name is Mario and i come from Croatia.
    I need a little bit of a big help with FTP.
    I never actually used it before and my boss gave me a stupid assigment so i'm kinda stuck on the solution.
    The problem is, i need to make a file transfer to happen automatically at a specific time, that is lets say at midnight it should download 1 document from the server to a computer and then again at 03:00 upload that document back to the server. and repeat that process every day.
    I found few FTP clients that have that option but they are shareware and i need a freeware FTP to do that job.

If anyone has a solution it would help me allot.
  3. Contributing User

What os are you using?
    You can just use the ftp command in the os and schedule it run at the times you want via a script.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by spacebar208
    What os are you using?
    You can just use the ftp command in the os and schedule it run at the times you want via a script.
    Hi and thx for the information.
    I'm using Windows XP os, unfortunately i still don't know how to use scripts.
    I never used ftp before until i got this task at my job so i am really stuck on this.
    If u know any links or anything on how to do the script it would really help me allot.
  7. Contributing User

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo