#1
  1. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Fasthost 438 Access denied


    I am receiving a 438 Access denied error when trying to connect to a Fasthosts FTP account on my broadband connection via FileZilla. I can access the account using a different ip address (dial-up account) but not my preferred connection. Fasthosts say they have not blocked my ip address.

    Has anyone seen this error before?
  2. #2
  3. They're coming to take me away

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,105
    Rep Power
    5049
    Originally Posted by jcg1
    I am receiving a 438 Access denied error when trying to connect to a Fasthosts FTP account on my broadband connection via FileZilla. I can access the account using a different ip address (dial-up account) but not my preferred connection. Fasthosts say they have not blocked my ip address.

    Has anyone seen this error before?
    Welcome to Dev Shed.

    Do you have any firewalls that may prevent you from FTPing out?

    Have you changed from passive to active mode (or vice-versa)?
  4. #3
  5. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by hiker
    Welcome to Dev Shed.

    Do you have any firewalls that may prevent you from FTPing out?

    Have you changed from passive to active mode (or vice-versa)?
    A have a firewall but does not prevent me FTPing (can ftp to another server/account other than Fasthosts).

    Yes tried both passive and active modes but with no luck.
  6. #4
  7. They're coming to take me away

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,105
    Rep Power
    5049
    Originally Posted by jcg1
    A have a firewall but does not prevent me FTPing (can ftp to another server/account other than Fasthosts).

    Yes tried both passive and active modes but with no luck.
    Is the dial-up done through your place as well, or another location altogether?

    Have you tried setting up a proxy to access that host?
  8. #5
  9. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by hiker
    Is the dial-up done through your place as well, or another location altogether?

    Have you tried setting up a proxy to access that host?
    Fasthosts have eventually worked out that my IP address was blacklisted for some reason on their system. They have now removed the blacklist and it's back working.

    Thanks for the help.
  10. #6
  11. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by jcg1
    I am receiving a 438 Access denied error when trying to connect to a Fasthosts FTP account on my broadband connection via FileZilla. I can access the account using a different ip address (dial-up account) but not my preferred connection. Fasthosts say they have not blocked my ip address.

    Has anyone seen this error before?
    Yes.
    I have 3 seperate FTP accounts for 3 seperate websites with Fasthosts and I have the same problem. I can't gain access to my sites but Fasthosts have said nothing is wrong on their side.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo