1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

FileZilla FTP/Router Problems?

Hi everyone,

I'm really lost here, and I have no idea what I'm doing. I moved and got a different router and can no longer connect with FileZilla.

I keep getting this message:

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
    Error: Could not connect to server

I can connect using net2ftp.com but not filezilla. I tried Googling it and thought it might have something to do with my router so I followed these instructions: (www.) ehow.com/how_7422755_configure-router-ftp.html
    but it still won't work. I have no idea what to do, what's wrong, or who I should contact for help. Any ideas?

Thank you!

-Fox
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Is it only this FTP server or are you unable to connect to all FTP servers? Maybe your ISP blocks outgoing connections on port 21?
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  5. No Profile Picture

I think I can connect to other FTPs, I can connect anonymously to ftp.mozilla.org
    Maybe it's not my router then? Should I contact my FTP? Maybe it is their fault all along, haha.

Thank you for your quick reply Oreo, sorry for the n00bishness, I really don't have any idea what I'm doing or what could be wrong
  7. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

If you can connect to other FTP servers it is less likely to be your ISP. It's also less likely to be any sort of issue on your end at all.

You might want to contact the owner of the server and see if they can assist. Maybe your IP address is blacklisted or needs to be white listed.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  9. No Profile Picture

Okay, I contacted my server owner and they told me to log on as SFTP - SSH File Transfer Protocol and that seems to have done it, so I'm really glad about that. Still don't know what exactly was the problem but I guess as long as it works I can be thankful.

Thank you Oreo for your quick and helpful replies!!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo