November 6th, 2011, 07:37 AM
[SOLVED]What is the format for sending the response to FEAT
Could anyone explain me how to send directory and file listings...in response to a LIST command ??
Filezilla fails to understand the data I send..
Also please explain how to respond to a FEAT command ...
Last edited by arbj; November 7th, 2011 at 04:15 AM.
November 6th, 2011, 09:15 AM
It sounds like your difficulty is with multi-line responses. Here's what they look like
- The response line begins with the number as usual, but next comes a hyphen - not a space.
- Subsequent lines follow. If any of them begin with a number then the line should be indented with whitespace.
- The final line is the status code, a space, and then arbitrary text.
So your LIST should look like
FEAT is defined a little more precisely:
NNN-Directory listing of /foo/bar
NNN End of listing
- A 211 status code with any message,
- Lines beginning with a space. First "word" is the feature and more information may follow (after a space),
- A "211 End"
See also: RFC 959 (4.1.3 for LIST; 4.2 for multi-line responses), RFC 2389 (FEAT), RFC 3659 (FTP extensions).
Comments on this post
November 7th, 2011, 04:13 AM
Thanks a lot it works now, your explanation was the most helpful and illuminating...