1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

FTP access log in cpanel

Hi, I couldnt find a right forum to post this in so I'd post it here, please move it if its wrong place.

I'm using Cpanel on my website, and I created several ftp accounts for my users, and I want to be able to log each of their account and view it daily/monthly ? I cant find where to configure that settings, anyone help plz ? I can only download the a .log for the MAIN account and not other ftp users
  3. fork while true;
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

Originally Posted by Wasda
    Hi, I couldnt find a right forum to post this in so I'd post it here, please move it if its wrong place.

I'm using Cpanel on my website, and I created several ftp accounts for my users, and I want to be able to log each of their account and view it daily/monthly ? I cant find where to configure that settings, anyone help plz ? I can only download the a .log for the MAIN account and not other ftp users
    Go directly to the FTP logs and skip cpanel?

What FTPd?
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

sorry I dont understand what you mean?
  7. fork while true;
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

Originally Posted by Wasda
    sorry I dont understand what you mean?
    I presume you have shell access?

Write a perl script to analyse the ftp logs for those users (they should be chowned to you), forget cpanel.

FTPd = FTP daemon (as in the ftp server software they run), which one do they run, so we can help you get the logs dir etc.?
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I think generally (I may be mistaken) you only get a log for ftp activity overall, not for each user. It will depend on which ftp daemon/service is running on your server, like LinuxPenguin said, this will also determine wether it is possible to get it to create separate logs or wether you'll have to pull the relevant data out of the main log and reassemble it in a manner that suits you.

We really need some more info, such as which operating system and the ftp daemon you are running. If you are not sure about how to find the latter out, post back and I can advise.

Regards,
    Biz

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo