Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
    #1
  1. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    A FTP error occurred - cannot make connection to host. The remote host cannot be fo


    Hi

    Im a little desperate here:

    I have a work-related web site I need to update, but, 1: I cannot SEE my website in the browsers on my machine and Dreamweaver cannot connect to the FTP server.
    Something is blocking FTP here. I can see my page using free proxy servers so ...

    Please help!

    Edit/Delete Message
  2. #2
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    85
    Rep Power
    0
    Hi there,

    I want to help you. Have you change the passive mode to active mode?? Please make sure you change to active mode.
    Thanks


    ---------------------------------
    Regards

    <Signature Removed>
    Last edited by hiker; July 4th, 2010 at 12:43 PM.
  4. #3
  5. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    Ive tried both passive and "active" FTP.

    The problem NOW is that DW claims my password is wrong! Which I assure you it isnt. A Google search show other people having the same problem. What is it?
  6. #4
  7. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    85
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by AnrBjötk
    Ive tried both passive and "active" FTP.

    The problem NOW is that DW claims my password is wrong! Which I assure you it isnt. A Google search show other people having the same problem. What is it?
    Try to change your password. Make sure your PORT is right, your username is right. Usually what happens is that people forget to change to ACTIVE mode. What FTP do you use? I recommend you to try Filezilla or CoreFTP. Maybe in here, your FTP can running. I hope your problem can be done.

    Gud luck friend
  8. #5
  9. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by Portal88
    Try to change your password. Make sure your PORT is right, your username is right. Usually what happens is that people forget to change to ACTIVE mode. What FTP do you use? I recommend you to try Filezilla or CoreFTP. Maybe in here, your FTP can running. I hope your problem can be done.

    Gud luck friend
    I've never touched "port" before...What is it, and what should it be...?
  10. #6
  11. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    0

    FileZilla


    Try to connect to your FTP site in FileZilla client, it posts all it's debug information to it's own GUI, copy-paste this entire debug information here in this thread.
  12. #7
  13. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    Status: Resolving IP-Address for "mywebsite"
    Status: Connecting to 68.178.254.100:21...
    Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
    Response: 220 Microsoft FTP Service
    Command: USER torsrthidesen
    Response: 331 Password required for torsrthidesen.
    Command: PASS ********
    Response: 530 User torsrthidesen cannot log in.
    Error: Could not connect to server

    (new user cant post URLs)
  14. #8
  15. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    0

    Permissions issue


    Looks like a 530 error. Consult the following link :

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/200475

    Best Regards,
  16. #9
  17. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    85
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by AnrBjötk
    Status: Resolving IP-Address for "mywebsite"
    Status: Connecting to 68.178.254.100:21...
    Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
    Response: 220 Microsoft FTP Service
    Command: USER torsrthidesen
    Response: 331 Password required for torsrthidesen.
    Command: PASS ********
    Response: 530 User torsrthidesen cannot log in.
    Error: Could not connect to server

    (new user cant post URLs)
    Hi,

    you can see username, port, IP. Use the PORT number is 21
    Last edited by hiker; July 6th, 2010 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Restricted User - Signature Removed
  18. #10
  19. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    85
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by AnrBjötk
    Status: Resolving IP-Address for "mywebsite"
    Status: Connecting to 68.178.254.100:21...
    Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
    Response: 220 Microsoft FTP Service
    Command: USER torsrthidesen
    Response: 331 Password required for torsrthidesen.
    Command: PASS ********
    Response: 530 User torsrthidesen cannot log in.
    Error: Could not connect to server

    (new user cant post URLs)
    I'm sure that you still use the PASSIVE mode. As you can see in Command: PASS ********. make sure you change to ACTIVE mode. Hope my post can help you.
    Last edited by hiker; July 6th, 2010 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Restricted User - Signature Removed
  20. #11
  21. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    [QUOTE=Portal88]I'm sure that you still use the PASSIVE mode. As you can see in Command: PASS ********. make sure you change to ACTIVE mode. Hope my post can help you.

    How and where?
    Last edited by hiker; July 6th, 2010 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Signature removed from quote
  22. #12
  23. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/200475 would probly work if it had the same instructions for a mac...
  24. #13
  25. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    85
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by AnrBjötk
    How and where?
    If you use FILEZILLA, the steps are:
    1. Ensure that you have entered the right username, port, password, and host
    2. See the toolbar edit---> settings ---> see active mode ---> make the check in ask your operating system for the external IP
    3. Make sure that you use ACTIVE mode. If you use PASSIVE mode, you can't transfer the file.
    4. Try It!!

    If you use COREFTP, the steps are:
    1. Click File---> connect----> enter your username, port, password, host----> don't make check in PASV. If you make check in PASV, you can't transfer the file.
    2. Try it!!

    I hope your prob can be solved.
    Last edited by hiker; July 6th, 2010 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Restricted User - Signature Removed
  26. #14
  27. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    AAARGH!!!!

    Connecting to probe.filezilla-project(dot)org
    Response: 220 FZ router and firewall tester ready
    USER FileZilla
    Response: 331 Give any password.
    PASS 3.0.6
    Response: 230 logged on.
    Checking for correct external IP address
    IP 192.168.0.100 bjc-bgi-a-baa
    Response: 510 Mismatch. Your IP is 84.210.44.107, ie-cba-ee-bah
    Wrong external IP address
    Connection closed
  28. #15
  29. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    85
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by AnrBjötk
    AAARGH!!!!

    Connecting to probe.filezilla-project(dot)org
    Response: 220 FZ router and firewall tester ready
    USER FileZilla
    Response: 331 Give any password.
    PASS 3.0.6
    Response: 230 logged on.
    Checking for correct external IP address
    IP 192.168.0.100 bjc-bgi-a-baa
    Response: 510 Mismatch. Your IP is 84.210.44.107, ie-cba-ee-bah
    Wrong external IP address
    Connection closed
    I think this is caused by incorrect router and/or firewall configuration. Please read http://wiki.filezilla-project.org/Network_Configuration. Maybe this can help you.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo