1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

FTP login Failure with Everyone taken off

I have a file that I have made for just certain users from my active directory. When I take off inherited permission and make the folder secure and just add in my active directory users, then none including those users can login with FTP. If I add in everyone for read access, then my active directory users can log in. However, everyone seems to have full rights. This is very confusing. I am using IIS 6, with HyperV.
  3. Transforming Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

There are two sets of permissions with shares, which is what I think you're using: the share permissions and the file/folder NTFS permissions. If you have the latter then use it (grant access as you want) and ignore the former (let pretty much everyone have access). The share permissions will determine whether people can get to the files but the NTFS permissions actually control what people can do; if either denies access then the user won't get it, and if both allow access then the user will get it.

Otherwise this is less of an FTP question and more about Windows.
  5. No Profile Picture

Share Permissions

I believe I have my permissions correct now and I can log in with my user. I gave everyone just read permissions and gave my user full permissions, both on the folder and on the ftp site. I am logging in simply using ftp localhost. However, when I use Filezilla, I can't even connect. Is there a step by step tutorial out there that you can direct me to?
  7. Transforming Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Tutorial for what? "How to fix the problem where FileZilla can't connect but other programs can?" Does it not connect when you try localhost or are you trying something else? Using the same FTP/SFTP settings?
  9. No Profile Picture

I have tried connecting via local host, tried connecting using the server host name. Localhost cannot connect. My server host name connects but can't list anything. I am using HyperV as my server.

Originally Posted by requinix
    Tutorial for what? "How to fix the problem where FileZilla can't connect but other programs can?" Does it not connect when you try localhost or are you trying something else? Using the same FTP/SFTP settings?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo